Open:Close: Menu En Español
Toll Free
In New York
call or email for a free consultation
email us
for fast
Open:Close: Our Practice Areas

What to Do if You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse

Documenting and Reporting Abuse

Do you think you recognize signs of elder abuse in a loved one? It is against the law for any person — nursing home staff, family members, guardians, fellow residents, visitors or volunteers — to neglect or abuse a nursing home resident.

Steps to Report Suspected Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect

If you believe that nursing home abuse or neglect is occurring, it is important to report it immediately to help prevent further abuse. To report abuse, take the following steps:

Step No. 1: Document the suspected abuse. Complete a signed and dated statement, including:

  • The name and age of the victim
  • The name of the nursing home or assisted living facility involved
  • A description of what happened (be sure to note any signs of physical harm or neglect)
  • The location where the incident or abuse took place
  • The time and date when the incident happened

Step No. 2: Report the abuse. Suspected negligence and abuse should be reported to:

If you believe that your loved one is a victim of nursing home neglect or assisted living abuse, our lawyers can help. Even though our main office is in Manhattan, we are willing to travel throughout the NYC metro area, including the Bronx and Brooklyn. At Trolman, Glaser & Lichtman, we put our clients' needs first. We fight, you win.

Contact Trolman, Glaser, & Lichtman, PC

Trolman, Glaser & Lichtman, P.C.
747 Third Avenue, 23rd Floor | New York, NY 10017
| Phone: 212-750-1200 | Toll Free: 1-888-484-5529 | Fax: 212-980-4011 | Email | New York Law Office

TGL In The News

Senior Partner, Jeffrey A.
Lichtman, fights for our civil
rights. Read More

TGL Family of Websites

Visit our family of websites dedicated to:

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Google+



Contact trolman, glaser & lichtman, PC

747 Third Avenue, 23rd Floor | New York, NY 10017|Phone: 212-750-1200|Toll-Free: 1-888-484-5529|Fax: 212-980-4011|Email